What's in my BAG?




Every once in a while I will get email's or Facebook messages from clients and friends asking me to weigh in on "what camera do you think is better for me?" or "what type of lens should I invest in?". Sometimes clients want to know what gear Im using at sessions or while we are working together.  I am always happy to provide some advice where I can but I thought it would be a good topic for a blog post! What IS in my bag?

The photo above showcases most of my lenses the only one missing is the one that I am shooting the photo with!

On a typical wedding day I have my 35mm f/1.4 on my camera 70% of the time (I LOVE LOVE LOOOVE this lens), in my ShootSac I pack my 50mm f/1.4 and my 24-70mm 2.8 which I like to call my 'workhorse' and is on my camera the other 30% of the time. There are 6 handy pockets in the ShootSac. In one of my pockets I carry a wallet full of unused memory cards at the front (at least 32G) and all filled memory cards go in the back of my card wallet. I store 1 unused camera battery in another pocket. I don't carry my flash in my ShootSac but you certainly could!  I will carry this loaded ShootSac on me all day. During the ceremony I will have my Juju bag by Kelly Moore usually stationed at the back row with my 70-200mm f/2.8 ready to go where I can easily pop it on to get in nice and close without being disruptive! My flash, and my macro lens stay in the Juju when they are not being used, along with extra batteries, cleaning cloths, business cards, my cell phone, wet naps and bag of almonds or a protein bar for a mid day energy boost!

I hoped this has helped you! Leave a comment and let me know - and feel free to ASK MORE QUESTIONS!