Maui, HI - top 5 - and a giveaway!
Last week I jetted off across the Pacific to the beautiful island of Maui! I had never been to HI before and it did not disappoint. Maui is a quiet, laid-back island where anything goes and you will encounter anything but the ordinary and expected. Miles of pristine coastline and white sandy beaches, gorgeous turquoise waters and lush rainforest. I met up with my two great girl friends Rachelle and Kim, we lounged on a variety of gorgeous beaches, attempted the road to Hana (car sickness got the best of us), scuba'd and snorkeled, shopped, laughed at ourselves floundering in the waves while boogie boarding (waves 1 girls 0) and ate waaay to much tasty pineapple. While I was there I also covered a wedding for Mike + Jenn Flaman, my first destination wedding! hurray! More on that later : ) I loved Maui, really really I did. I will go back, next time I'll take m. Christmas too early?!
For now I leave you with my top five must's of Maui + some photos!
1. Big Beach outside of Wailea, big waves big fun. Not for the kiddies!
2. Paia town - dont miss Sophie Grace Maui island inspired jewelry. I picked up a dainty little stamped silver bracelet. Customized with " m + e " stamped on the small silver medallion. Other bracelets were stamped "loved", "twins", "blessed", "pray" cute! I also couldn't resist a pair of earring that shop owner and artist Jamie Shepherd was wearing. Vintage coral, with pyrite and turquoise on twisted gold hoops. I loved them so much I bought them right out of her ears!!
3. Cheeseburger Paradise (obviously) in Lahina + Coconuts fish cafe - best fish tacos Kihei
4. Snorkling with the local sea turtles
5. The smell of the fragrant island air, take a deep breath as soon as you get out of that airplane...amazing - ocean mixed with plumeria + hibiscus florals
we spotted this sunset wedding...awe.
SURPRISE GIVEAWAY! - Jamie from Sophie Grace is the sweetest lady around she's giving away a piece of custom jewelery to one of my blog readers!
Here's what you need to do to WIN!
1. Friend Sophie Grace Maui on facebook by clicking on this link HERE
2. Like Element Photography on facebook by clicking on this link HERE
3. Once you've done both those things, and picked out your favorite jewels...Tell me about it! Leave a comment here on the element blog and a winner will be selected on October 25 2011.
Aloha! Find element photography on facebook, see where we go next!